Measure EE, LAUSD's proposed property tax, would assess a tax of 16-cents per square foot on all properties, which is in addition to an existing 12-cent per square foot property tax already levied by the district, and statewide tax increases dedicated to schools passed by voters in 2012 and 2016. LAUSD already spends more than $7.5 billion a year, yet the district is so badly mismanaged that money hasn't led to any significant improvements in classrooms or test results. Real reforms are needed at the district. However, no reforms are included in Measure EE, just a demand by district bureaucrats and defenders of the failed status quo that taxpayers bail out a school district with a history of red ink, appalling education results, declining enrollment, runaway administrative hiring and exploding retirement and health care costs.
Your participation in efforts to DEFEAT Measure EE are VITAL.
Here’s what REALTORS® should do to help:
1. Register to vote and vote No on Measure EE. Voter registration materials are available in the membership department at SRAR in Lake Balboa and Santa Clarita.
2. Learn more at VoteNOonEE.com and take the pledge to vote no.
3. Share information with your fellow REALTORS® and your clients.
4. Email your friends and family who live in the LAUSD.
I want you to know that I’m voting No on Measure EE, a 16-cent per square foot
property tax that will appear on a June 4th Special Election. This tax increase will
hit all property owners - homeowners, renters, small businesses and others - in
the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Please go to www.VoteNoOnEE.com to learn more about this costly ballot
measure and take the vote pledge.
Together, we can defeat Measure EE.
5. If you have social media:
Facebook: I just pledged to oppose Measure EE - a massive property tax
with no oversight and no guarantee that the tax dollars will go toward
the classroom or kids. Please visit www.VoteNoOnEE.com.
Get the facts for yourself…and take the vote pledge!
Twitter: I just pledged to vote @NoOnMeasureEE. Get the facts about EE
and take the vote pledge - www.VoteNoOnEE.com #VoteNoOnEE
Vote no on EE Flyer
Vote no on EE Flyer With room to include your business card
No on EE Fact Sheet and FAQs
Measure EE Dororhanger A limited amount are available at the SRAR at 7232 Balboa Blvd., Lake Balboa
reformlausd.com Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association Committee to Reform LAUSD, no on EE
Taxpayer Alert Flyer no on Measure EE HJTA
Analysis of Measure EE CTF Breakdown of Measure EE prepared by the California Tax Foundation
Map of LAUSD
Click here to verify your Voter Status with the California Secretary of State.
Find your local Polling Place https://www.lavote.net/locator
National Association of REALTORS
REALTOR Action Center https://realtorparty.realtor/
California Association of REALTORS
REALTOR Action Fund https://www.car.org/en/advocacy/PACSnRAF (Log in to car.org required)
* Materials paid for by No on Measure EE: Reform LA Unified First - Not New Taxes, a committee sponsored by taxpayers, homeowners, renters, and small businesses. Committee major funding from: National Association of REALTORS, California Business Roundtable, Gerald J. Marcil and affiliated entities. Additional information is available at ethics.lacity.org.