Reauthorize the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
The National Flood Insurance Program will expire on July 31, denying necessary insurance coverage to over 5 million homeowners and buyers in 22,000 communities nationwide. In California there is almost 247,000 policies, and just over 21,000 of them in Los Angeles County.
If this done not get extended, any home that is in escrow covered by the NFIP will not close.
Take action by sending an email urging Congress to extend the NFIP and pass meaningful reforms to ensure long-term viability of the program.
Take action by following this link NFIP 2018 Take Action Link
To do this by phone; text NFIP to 30644, click the link sent back to you, then enter your information.
This is very simple to do and will help those who rely on this coverage.
The National Association of REALTORS Supports:
- Reauthorizing and gradually strengthening the NFIP so it is sustainable over the long run;
- Encouraging the development of private market options to offer comparable flood insurance coverage at lower cost than NFIP;
- Providing federal assistance to high-risk property owners, including guaranteed loans, grants and buyouts in order to build to higher standards and keep insurance rates affordable;
- Provide fair flood insurance rates that better reflect the property's flood risk;
- Improving flood map accuracy, so fewer property owners have to file expensive appeals.